Following the significant easing of Covid 19 restrictions in Scotland. We wanted to take a moment to inform you of all the ways we will be continuing to keep you safe on your next visit to the Museum. We will be keeping our current safety measures in place until the end of the season.
We have introduced the following measures to reduce risks during the pandemic and to keep everyone safe:
- A warm welcome but from a safe distance
- Reduced visitor numbers
- Plenty of hand sanitising stations at key locations
- Reception screens and contactless payments in the tea room and shop
- Use of PPE as appropriate
- Clear Covid-19 signage and information throughout the floor plan
- Controlled access to toilet facilities (no sharing outwith your household group)
- A touch point cleaning regime
- Quizzes and extra information downloadable onto your smartphone
- Controlled table availability in the Travellers Rest Tea Room ensuring thoroughly cleaned tables before you are seated
Please also help us by:
- Following the booking procedure
- Bringing no cash, just your contactless card
- We have taken all measures possible to make a visit safe and have actioned all Government guidelines to this end; please book responsibly in accordance with the Scottish Government guidance.
- Bringing your phone for quizzes
- Following our clear signage
- Observing social distancing
- Avoiding touching anything where possible
- Using hand sanitising stations to keep your hands clean;
- Wearing a face mask
- Not visiting if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19
- Working with us to make the most of this difficult time!